CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ryder Creek Britt

Well, by the time Mattie turned 3 in June of 04, (brian was always ready so let's just say...) I was ready for another one! I got off bc and i knew it was going to take a few months probably and it did. well, one of my very best friends in the whole wide world was getting married in December of '04...Meredith Rae ...FINALLY!:):):) Mattie and I were staying w/ my sister while i was doing the whole wedding rehearsal...bachelorrete party...wedding stuff. while we were there that weekend i somehow i figured out Connie was going to have another one. it was something that was said. i can't remember exactly. anyway, it was a secret so i couldn't tell anyone. Well, Christmas came and Connie & Levi shared w/ the family about their next addition. At the time i was pg but didn't know. then in january we found out i was going to have another one. we wanted to tell everyone one in an intersting way so i made a shirt that said "big sister" and let mattie wear it when we came to visit my parents one weekend...connie and mia were there too. eveybody was excited but shocked. mattie wore that shirt to church the next sunday to let all our Friendship family know too. they were excited too. well, since i had a c-section w/ mattie Dr. Dowdy said it would be better to just go ahead and schedule one for Ryder. fine w/ me. looking back i wish i had pushed him to let me let Ryder tell me when he was ready....but we went ahead and scheduled it for Aug. 24,2005. i was VERY nervous and emotional and scared b/c i didn't want to happen w/ Ryder what had happened w/ Mattie....blood transfusion. so we get there...Brian and Mattie, my parents, connie and the girls, and Brian's parents were all there, Bro. Dennis & Mrs. Aline were there too. They take me in, numb me up, strap me down, and as they are taking Ryder out i start freakin' b/c i was having a lot of trouble breathing. i do NOT remember this happening w/ mattie. i could feel a lot of pressure while they were doin' their thing but Dr. Dowdy kept reassuring me it was ok. that was a little weird but all in all everything went well. I didn't get to see Ryder while in the recovery room or anyone else for that matter. it was me and a nurse. so i get to my room and all my fam is there. they bring ryder in ....this was all very diferent than w/ Mattie. i knew what to expect and the hospital stay was great. all our friends from church came. our good friend Corey, brought all the youth over to see us. they were excited. all was good. no tears, no sadness. just happy. the recovery was good. I will say that it was hard getting used to, strange as it may sound, there being 4 of us instead of 3. Funny, with Mattie i was having such a hard time with our family being 3 instead of 2. But now i couldn't IMAGINE our life w/out either one of them. We love 'em sooo much. Ryder is handsome, funny, loving, caring, crazy, tough yet tender, sweet, stubborn and hardheaded but loveable. He's our Man Baby!

1 comments:

Matt and Meredith said...

It made me smile when I read that I'm one of your very best friends in the whole wide world. : ) That means a lot to me. You are just as special to me. I love you!

It just kills me looking back on my wedding when you and Mattie came out to support me and I was so nervous about getting married that I couldn't enjoy sweet Mattie. I look back and think, "I was so nervous about everything that I didn't pay hardly any attention to Mattie." I probably came of like I didn't care about her but I was dying inside because I knew I might be coming off that way and yet I didn't have enough peace at the time to enjoy everyone. I was shakin in my boots to say the least!!!!!!! Anyway, just wanted you to know that (Even though you probably already know that) so you know it makes me sad. I'll just have to make up for it somehow. Love you girls.