CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 24, 2008

something, Easter, and exercising

hadn't posted in a while and thought i'd post something. so i did. something. haha. lots going on just can't think of anything to "say". had a great Easter weekend. spent it at home w/ my family! me, connie, levi, and brian hid almost 150 eggs - real and candy filled plastic ones. it was fun to see all 4 of the kids running around trying to find them. we dyed 3 dozen on Friday and while we were doing that my dad was videoing and asking the kids about Easter and why we celebrate it. it was neat to hear their answers. good times. then we spent Sunday w/ Brian's dad in saline. Ryder LOVES is PawPaw and Poppa! he got to bond w/ both of them this weekend. and i exercised friday, saturday, and sunday. i'm impressed w/ myself i must say. i didn't gain any and actually lost over the holiday. and i didn't deprive myself either. i'll say it again...EXERCISING and eating in moderation is the key. i'm sure this isn't all that intersting to my friends that have just had babies and are gonna have 'em soon. i didn't worry about trying to lose the "weight" until a few months later. but it actually took 2 1/2 years this time. oh well. like i said before I LOVE TO EAT! you can't be from the south and not love it.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Good job exercising over the weekend! And yes, this friend who has recently had a baby is interested in talk of losing weight! I'm impressed with you! I found it was hard to get over the hump of the first few pounds (never did get past them). I'm thinking it was because I was the same weight for so long and my body was definitely used to being that size. You are encouraging me because I have the exact same weight goal with the same amount of pounds to lose. I'll be so tickled the day I can lose 9 of them like you have already! Keep up the good work. I bet your clothes are fitting differently and giving you a confidence boost, too!

The Brodines said...

I am proud of you! You keep going, girl :) I love you!

Anjolee said...

Mattie is a sweetie! The girls were fun to watch...you'll love the pictures. Way to go on your weight loss. I am working on some pounds myself and I know it's not easy....you are doing great!

Amanda said...

Steph, I have a question for you. I need you to send me your email address anyway for that 100 miles blog. But, since you mentioned some stuff about youth ministry and you guys have been doing that for a long time, it'd be nice to open the doors for us to be able to ask advice and share in what that's like. We searched and searched 4 years ago for a position, and have searched here and there since then, but God must not have had that in his plan at the time. Now we are wanting to eventually reach the Hispanic and gang kids here in town through a para church ministry, but that's not panning out immediately. The job is at a church in the neighborhood we want to reach, so we think it's God allowing us to start reaching kids in that area. Plus, the extra income, though I doubt it will be a ton, will help us provide for our family better. I agree that being with him as much as possible is something I'll always do with Johan, supporting him, and us being a team, mentors, and a model to kids for what family is (especially baytown kids). Well, sorry I wrote so much. My email is johanamanda@gmail.com, so write me just to send me yours and I'll send you a few questions if you don't mind.