CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

It is on!


I've had it w/ my weight. it is absolutely rediculous that i am as big as i am. and all you people out there that say "oh you look fine...your gut doesn't make you look like your 6 months pg." can just stop the lying cause it does and i do. i literally walk in fear when i go to wal-mart or somewhere where they don't know me b/c i'm afraid someones gonna ask, "so when are you due". like i told the wal-mart check out girl when asked about "my baby" after patting her flat skinny as a rail stomach, "no i'm just fat". This picture is of me 1 year after mattie. i was down to 126 lbs. but it hasn't gone like that w/ ryder. monday night we bought a stationary bicycle from w-m. so far each morning i hop on it after mattie gets on the bus. yesterday i rode for 15 minutes and today it was for 18 min. my goal is to ride m-f for 30 minutes and take off on sat and sun. i talked brian into replacing a meal everyday w/ a bowl of cereal. he only eats twice a day so we'll probably eat cereal at night and eat sensibley at lunch. i've done it before and I WILL DO IT AGAIN! the people at our church only know me as chunky. i want them to know me as slim.

let's see i'm 155 lbs now and i want to be 135 lbs so i only need to lose 20 lbs. shouldn't be too hard. (well last spring i got down to 140ish but through the winter i piled on the pounds.) i've got to change my mind set about eating or i'll gain it all again next winter. eat in moderation.

here i go on another soap box....God did NOT make me like this. i made myself like this. I'm what they call an "emotional eater" i eat based on emotions alot of times. and i flat out find joy in eating. i love to eat bottom line. but i choose to eat and eat and eat. even when i'm not hungry. now i do know there are medical/mental conditions that cause people to eat and gain weight and they can't help it. i have a good friend that has crohns (sp?) disease and the meds that she takes causes her to gain weight and she can't help it. i understand that and i truly feel sorry for her b/c she does want to lose weight. anyway, ....BUT there are millions of us out there that eat and eat and eat b/c we WANT to. it doesn't have to be that way. we just have to eat in moderation. we don't have to go on some stupid "only can eat just carrots and celery w/ water" diet. eat sensibly. we don't have to deprive ourselves. stop eating when we're full. don't finish our plate save it for the next day. we need to do something active. I HATE to excercise. but everyone needs to do some type of it. some how some way.

there now i just got to practice what i preach huh.

7 comments:

Michawn said...

Amen sister. I am right there. Well, not exactly because I am still pregnant, but soon and very soon I will be back to the losing-the-weight game. I, too, have the problem area of my belly. It's so disheartening for your baby to be crawling or walking and I still look pregnant. Sad. I, too, have been asked about when I'm due. Double sad.

I've done it on my own with 2 of the babies, but once did Weight Watchers. It is such a great program and you don't even have to pay for it if you know someone who's done it and doesn't mind sharing. It's super fast too. Don't know if you're interested, but if so, you should check out this site about a family of girls who are all doing it: http://somethingsgottago.blogspot.com.

Also, I have the Weight Watchers cookbook too. If you're interested I'll send a couple of recipes from it...still haven't participated in the recipe blog anyway...gotta get to that.

Anyhoo...good luck and congratulations on the weight that you will soon lose and the resolve to get to it. I'll be there soon too...

Connie said...

We need to plan meals when we go to mom's and give her the grocery list. I know she's not a fan of organizing all of that so she might be glad for us to do it. I like to cook so as long as the kids are occupied and not needing me I can do it and I cook fast too. That way we don't end up eating fast food or chips and cheese dip for dinner.

Levi is at the "maintaining" point which is very hard. He needs to set another goal to keep him going. Goals are the only thing that keep him going....oh, and money, he he.

Choose a cereal that is high in protein and fiber.

I need to start heading back to the gym..ugh. I am pretty much going to get osteoporosis now since mom has it and my Thyroid issues. My medication causes osteoporosis b/c it hinders the absorption of Calcium which is why I have to take Calcium supplements too. Oh, and it also increases bad cholesterol levels as well so I'm screwed b/c mom's cholesterol is what...stroke level without meds.? My dr. said we will have to address the cholesterol issue soon.

Let's get drunk next weekend and drown our sorrows.

People need a shoe up the arse when they comment on women's bellies and their alleged state of pregnancy. Period. End of story. Just don't ask.

I don't even comment if someone looks 9 months pregnant, is standing in a puddle of what just might be her "broken water", and screaming from the effects of contraction-like pain.

She could have had a stomach tumor, peed on herself from the pressure of the tumor on her bladder, and is screaming in pain b/c someone is stepping on her foot.

Stranger things have happened.

Like I said, just don't

Matt and Meredith said...

Proud of your discipline. Glad to hear you are going to be exercising. That is the key I believe...that and only drinking water, lowfat milk, and healthy juices in moderation. I think another thing you can do is make sure you get enough protein. That will help make you feel fuller throughout the day from what I hear. But, I believe exercise is the key. Remember when Suzanne came back after a summer of walking 7 miles a day? She really slimmed down. I think her trick was the walking and lowfat foods. I was amazed. I made the decision a while back to cut out soda. It was hard at first but now I don't crave it AT ALL. In fact it grosses me out it's so sugary and strong. Love you. You go girl. Be healthy in the process. Get your nutrients.

AUNY said...

Thanks for putting up a bathing suit picture!!!! Just kiddin...kinda.

AUNY said...

Wow! I'm really proud of your progress already...4 pounds in a couple of days!

Unknown said...

Hey Steph...Way to go on the losing weight!! You're going to inspire me. After all my stress this past year I now weigh MORE than I did at 40 weeks pregnant. So sad!! :( I keep procrastinating, thinking losing weight is a project in itself, that might just have to wait until we finish up this 3 year remodeling project, get the house sold, and move. I can't imagine trying to think about eating right in the midst of all that, not to mention can't even spare 20 minutes out of my day to work out...really! I just can't.
I've been asked too, "haven't you had that baby yet??" (And she's almost two). ugh...mortifying.
Well, keep it up....I'm excited for you, and hopefully I'll be able to wear a bikini right beside ya!

Unknown said...

since Connie is the only one who know me i can say this - I haven't weighted 155 since college, that was my "high" weight BUT the minute I left Huntsville I just started gaining and gaining and gaining and by the time this pregnancy is over I think i'll weight over 100 more than you!!!! OK, so like I said I couldn't just say this to anyone or everyone. Do I know how to loose weight, yes - did I have any motivation KNOWING I wanted another child - not really = do I hope to loose lots of weight after this baby is born, sure...and I know how to do it and I know how it works. thing with me is I don't eat "lots" or over eat when I'm on a "eat healtheir and exercise more" phase of life (notice, I don't say diet because I don't believe in them). the end result is often different. just last week i ate better (being pregnant it's been hard to just eat anything or salad or care about cooking etc) and i lost 7lbs in a week...the Dr might be upset with me but really>>>>all i did was eat healtheir and go on one extra walks and WHAAALAAA the weight comes off. it's hard to totally understand how i gain weight so quickly, yet i do believe it's part genetic. that's an excuse i'm sure some might feel, yet i know i've eating much less than some of my skinny friends (which you would be in that catagory now and after you loose the weight) and still maintained = not loose a pound and my skinny friends LOOSE WEIGHT...just not talking about it anymore...I'm getting picked on for typing during dinner (visitng Beth Weiskie and some extended family in Virgina)