CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, March 10, 2008

scorched....


yesterday was NOT a good cooking day for me. brian had bought some frozen chicken patties and french fries on saturday so we could have a quick lunch on sunday. well, i'm sure they would have been great if i hadn't burned 2 of the 5 patties. then i burned the next 2. the fries were great. i LOVE my family and obviously there's not too much they won't eat.....Mattie said, "it's not too bad". brian said," it's better than wendy's huh?" to which i replied, "NO!" and i hate Wendy's. yuck. ryder had nothing to say, he was too busy eating:). i said, "this is the worse meal i've ever fixed." but brian reminds me of the "4 ingrediants or less" meal i cooked a few years ago. i really don't need to expound on that anymore...what can be good w/ 4 ingrediants or less. THEN sudnay night rolls around. i fry up some sausage for my red beans, sausage and rice meal....add the beans and water everything is going good. i check it occasionally then brian says, "i smell something" yes, you guessed it i had forgot to add more water as it was cooking and the WHOLE pot of beans and sausage was ruined.. burnt smell everywhere. my wonderful husbad was so hungry that he ate it. then he threw the rest of it out to the dogs. i'm assuming it was eatible to them b/c i saw no traces of it this morning.

anyone have a worse story than that.

4 comments:

Matt and Meredith said...

That's soo funny. I've ruined too many things to remember!!!!! : ) When it happens Matt is sweet to just break out the cereal!

Michawn said...

O.K., so it's not worse, but what's the deal with burning? Yesterday Joel made lunch for us...he burned the soup. Today, I burned the rice. Lovely. I HATE that burned taste too. Whatever...Wendy's sounds good to me. :-)

Connie said...

The thing I hate the most about ruining a dish is #1 all of the wasted time spent on making it #2 the wasted ingredients #3 the mess you still have to clean up even though you didn't get to eat anything that made the mess.

Maybe it was just the moon.

Lexi said...

I have ruined many dishes. My latest being in the crock pot (who knew you could screw that up) when we had Chris' grandpa in town. I made Teriyaki (sp?) chicken and it apparently didn't require as many hours as it stated on the receipe. But they ate the small dog food looking portions of chicken anyways...men!