CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

a prayer concern for Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana


This post isn't about slamming another "Disney star" that has been "gone down the wrong road" a.k.a. britney and lindsey. it's a prayer concern. most of my friends have young children. as a mother i search for someone my little girl can not necessarily look up to but at least watch their show knowing nothing vulgar or inappropriate is going to happen. i was so hopeful for this little girl. she and her dad really seemed to have a grasp on things. they proclaim to be christians - and i'm not saying they aren't. just b/c she made a wrong decision doesn't mean she's not a christian. we all make wrong decisions - sin. it's is all the same in the Lord's eyes, granted there are different consequences for each sin.

she always wore cute fashionable clothing that covered her body. her songs were clean and fun not nasty and distasteful. last week i was sickened by the photos that came out. and others that have come out besides the "vanity fair" ones. they show a little girl that has gotten caught up in hollywood. she is 15 years old making photos for a non-teenage magazine. this mag. isn't known for it's "sqeakey clean" photos. i also read that she's going to have a guest appearance on "housewives". HELLO. sick sick sick. and as her career as skyrocketed i'll be honest, her clothing has covered less and less. if you look back at her Disney show that started in '06. she was 13 years old. she looked 13 yrs old. acted 13 yrs. old. dressed 13 yrs. old. now she looks like she's 25 and it seems that her parents have forgotten that she's a TEENAGER.

instead of trashing her, let's pray for her. it wasn't too long ago that i almost posted a prayer concern for this family. i didn't b/c i thought it might sound a little silly. but now she needs our prayers more than ever. i don't want comments on your personal opinion of her or tv or hollywood....i just want us as christians to say, "yeah we'll pray for her" and hollywood for that matter.

5 comments:

Matt and Meredith said...

Yeah, I saw something about this on t.v. the other day. I think she may have learned a lesson since it was frowned upon and she apologized so much. I pray she has realized it was a negative thing. I will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

We've had this same conversation in our home over the last week. I told Molly that she may be hearing some negative things about MC, and that she had made some bad choices but that did not make her a bad person, and that we needed to be praying for her.

AUNY said...

Yeah, she's been heavily on my mind lately too. I've always had her and her family on my prayer list because she goes to my church. In fact, she was there the Sunday before the stuff came out with Vanity Fair. Also, our pastor mentioned about how proud he was of her for not being so worldly or something like that...bad timing. She is only 15 and easily influenced. I'm willing to give her a second chance for sure. Maybe she learned her lesson at a young age. I'm praying so.

Connie said...

I was going to post concerning her as well. I have been SHOCKED at what she has been allowed to wear at various events. I'm not shocked that she wanted to wear it.....I'm thinking....uh, where is the Daddy filter? I wanted to wear all kinds of things I shouldn't have at age 15 but that is when dad stepped in and said...no way! She is TOO young to be able to make wise decisions about all of these adult situations she is being thrust in.

I agree. If I'm willing to pray for Oprah I am sure willing to pray for Miley.

And...in some defense of Billy. I can imagine this situation.....

He is getting ready in his dressing room straightening his highlighted locks.

Miley is in her dressing room being primped and dressed by probably 5 different people if not more.

Her "peeps" suggest a dress...she is like..."totally!" and puts it on and is waiting for her cue.

Billy comes out, hair all nice and sleek, and is like "Miley..what are you wearing? Isn't that a bit...uh..."

"Dad, it's totally cute and we are about to go on...I can't take it off now..."

Billy does what any dad who is about to perform in front of thousands of people and decides not to "set off" his emotionally and hormonally charged teenage daughter.

And thus we have the astonishingly low cut dress worn at the CMT's in which she performed with her dad all the while strategically placing her hand near her cleavage b/c her dress was cut too low and she was obviously a little uncomfortable.

Poor Billy.

I'm just saying...you never know how it all goes down. That Annie Lebo-whatever, needs to back of the teenagers. Gross.

Unknown said...

I don't blame Miley; she's only a kid after all! But I am really disappointed in the adults in the situation who are making $$ off of exploiting her, her dad included. Weirdly enough my 6 y/o has been totally uninterested in Miley, but if she were gaga over her I'd probably use it as a lesson in the choices we make and why we choose to dress/act that way.