CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

he's sneaky i tell ya. sneaky.

satan. the great deciever. the great liar. i don't talk much about what i do, come to think about it i don't think i've really said much about it. i work as a secretary/office assistant at our church and i help Brian as we serve the Lord in youth ministry. he's the youth minister i'm the helper! it sickens me how we as christians have allowed satan to decieve us. we allow our children and our selves to be too busy for Him - dance, baseball, civic organizations, work, etc. oh wait hold the phone...we can even "busy" ourselves serving in the church. oohh did i just say that? yes i did. we can let the church and all it's activities take our time away from what we are called to do. we busy ourselves. we tell ourselves, "i go to church i serve on this committee that committee, i hold the babies once a quarter, i tell a nice little bible story to the kiddos every now and then. i'm there every time the door is open. heck yeah i'm servin' the Lord." but are we really. are we just convincing ourself that we are. do we witness to the waitress that brings us our food. do we tip them. do we leave a track on the table. do we speak to the cashier at wal-mart. ask her/him how their day is. do we even look like we are happy. have you every caught a refection of yourself as you pass a mirror or the glass front window of a store. i scare myself. i have to ask myself, "how many people have i witnessed to lately?" none. this next statement sounds cheesey i know but i've heard a saying, "how many people are in heaven b/c of you....how many people aren't in heaven b/c of me". scary sutff. we are on this earth for just a breath, just a moment. what am i doing w/ the days He has given me?

5 comments:

Amanda said...

yep. sure is important to be on our guard against him so we can recognize his lies and attacks. God says we're at war.

Unknown said...

Wow. That was good!! Its so easy to put it off until tomorrow, then you get busy and forget.....

Unknown said...

Oh yeah....forgot to say....let's meet in Marshall sometime!! Do you work full time?

Matt and Meredith said...

I love you Steph. I love to call you friend because what you are talking about is the ONLY important thing and the only reason we are still here on this earth after believing that Christ died for us. I never want to lose touch with the fact that we are Christ's mediators in helping others understand how much God loves them and that they need him.

Connie said...

I've learned a hard lesson....learn from my lesson....

Some of you reading this may not read my blog but I just recently started talking to my apartment neighbors after living here for 7 years.

Granted, my neighbors have changed over and over and over so it's not the same ones from the beginning.

Partly b/c I was afraid of them (I'm serious..we live in a hood'ish area), partly b/c I'm somewhat of a hermit and I like to be by myself, and partly b/c life hasn't been that peachy for me lately and I didn't want to "deal" with anyone else or their issues.

Yesterday I learned my Indian neighbors (from India, not tee pee and rain dance Indians) across from us (like 10 feet across) had still born twins at 5 months pregnant last year.

I had no idea.

They have clearly professed to not want anything to do with our God.

Maybe it's because so called Christians, like myself, are too involved having play dates with our church friends and too "busy" going here and there to even notice our next door neighbors going through an unimaginable tragedy.

A tragedy that could have been an open door to the healing power of our God.

A tragedy that could have allowed me to show them just exactly who Jesus is by my actions.

Honestly, they acted more like Jesus than I ever did.

I know God is using me now and I'm so thankful for a second chance with this family. But, what if they had moved before I snapped out of my self-saturated trance and I never had the chance to form a relationship with them and eventually share Christ with them?

I am ashamed of myself.