CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 7, 2008

confessions of a lover of food....

one word: frustrated. simple word really. when i came home from being w/ my family on Easter, that Sunday morning i stepped on the scale and to my delight it read 146 lbs. so excited i was. then a few days later...keep in mind i was exercising 1x maybe 2x a day..i step on the scale again and to my dismay it read 148 lbs. "WHAT" my mind screamed. how can that be. well, i just kept on exercising, drinking my "metabolized" water, and watched what i ate. after the retreat in Branson where we ate everytime you turned around (but i did exercise everyday i was there) i step on the scale Sunday morning and it read 150 lbs.

how could i gain 4 lbs. aaarrrggghhh.

well, this is what i'm gonna do...go back to my cereal diet and stick to it. we are going on an out of state trip in mid-May. my goal weight for that trip is 135 lbs. that's loosing roughly over 2 lbs a week. this is an attainable goal. i can do this. i will do this.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you're back!

Gotta be water weight! You can't gain 4 lbs in a week, surely. I've heard 100 mg of vitamin b6 helps you lose water....I've been thinking about trying that myself?

Matt and Meredith said...

Maybe you were bloating due to it possibly being "that time of the month"????? Scales are stupid anyway. As long as you exercise, drink water mostly, and try and eat healthy....that's all that matters. But, don't mean to down play your scale stuff. That's weird. Like Melissa said, it's got to be water weight.

Connie said...

O.k., here is my theory......

Your weight fluctuates a good 5 lbs on a weekly basis...water weight...etc.

Well, only in the case of GAINING weight does this apply from now on.

SO when you loose weight it has NOTHING to do with this fluctuation...only when you gain.

See my point?

Loose 4 lbs: I lost 4 lbs! All that eating right and working out is paying off!

Gain 4 lbs: Oh, that's just my weekly 5 lbs weight fluctuation..it will be back down in the morning. :)

Don't be discouraged. Levi didn't loose any weight at all for like 3 weeks when he first started running.

Unknown said...

Not many people commented on this one. I know you can loose it. Yes, I know it's harder the older we get (and you are older than me hee hee) YET you are still at a point where you can work out and such. I've let myself go so much that just working out causes strange pains that keeps me from wanting to go back. I also know I can do it too, once I can take aleeve again (after nursing which I like to stick with for at least a year). We'll see, this baby is kicking and I should be asleep.