CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, May 18, 2009

Anne. Anne w/ an E:), Double Date, and Love Comes Softly Series:)


all of my friends commented about the GrEAt, wonderful, so glad i own them now!!!!, movie...Anne of Green Gables, from my last post. i LOVE this movie. love it. several of yall commented about when Matthews dies. if you think watching it is bad....try reading it. Oh. My. Gosh. heart (w)renching. i loved matthew. sooo sad when he died. i just love Anne. Anne w/ an E. i'm going to get mattie to watch it w/ me and hopefully ryder w/ watch but not sure...you know boys:) 'course brian has been known to watch it w/ me, oh and meeechawn's joel watched it or read the books when he was younger and liked it so i bet he'll like it too. on a side note i'm kinda worried about the 3rd movie that was made in '03. i've read all bad reviews about it....it doesn't go along w/ the book...it's about Anne and Gill after the marry. i HOPE that the 3rd movie in my box set isn't that one but i'm afraid it is. hhhmmmm hope its not toooo disappointing.



my next hunt i'm on is for the book, Double Date. this wonderful book was written in the '50's and is a great little book. i read it in high school. i just found out after googleing (sp?) that there are 3 more books about the 2 twin sister, Pam and Penny! cant wait to get my hands of them! even though i've read the book umpteen times i still am gonna read it again:)


Love Comes Softly....ok I LOVE this series too! i HATE...refuse to watch them again.... the movies that Hallmark made about the series. they did a horrible job...did NOt go along w/ the book...well somewhat but not good enough for me. you can't trick me. i've read these books several times and i know what they missed or "edited". anywoo, read the books...it's a very good read!

i'm done w/ my "reviews" now:)

5 comments:

Michawn said...

girl, those janette oke movies...we watched 2 i think, but the acting is so bad i thought. i chose not to watch anymore. never read any of the books. my reading time is muy limited, so i always choose to read non-fiction over fiction when i do read. i've always preferred non-fiction though. anyhoo...

have a great week.

Amanda said...

Ok. I love the Janette Oke series too. And the movies, I am still watching, but have to definitely be watched after not having read the books recently because you are right. They suck. AND, they actually changed actresses for Missie!! You can't do that!

Never heard of Double Date. Looks good though.

While you are talking about good girlie classics, I absolutely love Pride and Prejudice. The book and the 6 hour movie with Collin Firth. Johan actually loves the movie too, but we haven't had six hours to commit to that in a long time...I think 5 years. We quote it often and make fun of the priest/cousin character, and it's just so very funny. But if you read, it's tons of big vocabulary requiring you to think. Still love it. I told Johan recently that I would love as a gift someday to receive the movie, and to get a day to watch it...preferably with him. Very clean, many good concepts, a woman who was strong for her day, and very romantic. Very good story.

Well, I guess that was my review!! Ha! Ha!

Connie said...

I've had Anne with an e on my Christmas list for years but still waiting...

Now that you have it we will have something to watch when the kids go night night this summer so don't get burned out on them.

Double date? I don't recall this although I love books from the 50's so I'll have to give it a whirl.

I have watched all the movies but never read the Janette Oke books (even though you had them all...reading has never been my hobby) so it wasn't that bad to me but in all cases where I've read the book first the movie has always been a disappointment.

Matt and Meredith said...

This is so funny. I had no idea there were so many people we know that are "into" these books/movies. Fun. My mom and I watched Love Comes Softly as well. I liked them...didn't read the books though.....I still like them even though the acting is corny. So wholesome.

Unknown said...

I had almost forgotten about the Double Date book. I LOVED it when I was in 4th or 5th grade. Such innocence. Tell me about the others! And, the 3rd A of GG movie is nothing like the book or the other two movies, but is ...well let me know what you think...