CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

birthday fun:)

My Birthday Celebration...
AFter dropping the kids off at our friends, The Henkels, we were off....

we ate at Olive Garden..yumyumyumyumyum i ate stuffed mushrooms first then manicotti...which i had the left overs for lunch today:) the sweet tea was sa-weet!!


after we ate a scrumdidlyuptious meal..i wanted to go wonder around Lifeway bookstore and came home w/: Love Come Softly and Dare to Discipline...watch out mattie and ryder....heeheeheehee


i had a couple of choices for my present but i chose Anne. i love the books and especially the movies. so brian took me to best buy and i picked out the Anne of Green Gables trilogy!!!!!

We ended the evening w/ a drink from Sonic then headed home. I had a great evening:)

My tribute to George....

george...i will see you some day soon:) brian is going to take me to see george! if you know brian in the least little bit you know that he HAtEs loathes and despises CouNTrY mUsIC so for him to even attempt to even google the name "george strait" then to look at his concert schedule meant a lot to me:) taking me to see george is on his bucket list...a list of things that he wants to accomplish in his life...wow.

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That's awesome about the country music and Brian being willing to take you. Happy Birthday! And I love Anne too! Good choice! We must be kindred spirits!

Unknown said...

I didn't know Olive Garden had sweet tea?! I LOVE sweet tea. And the Anne of Green Gables trilogy is sitting on top of my tv right now. My kids and I love watching it. I cry every time Matthew dies. It sounds like my perfect day too complete with Sonic (vanilla dp). Glad your birthday was so fun. Come see us sometime!

Michawn said...

the first time i watched anne (and only time i think actually...i know...i don't make a very good female sometimes), i BAULED (BAULED, DO YOU HEAR ME?!?) when matthew died. as in, BAULED!! man, it got me, for real.

but, as i was reading your blog tonight and the husband was looking over the shoulder, he casually mentioned that he loved the anne movies. who'da thunk? (i think his parents read the series to them...he and his siblings...as they grew up...they read lots of stuff as a family) i told him it was very manly of him to even admit that to which he just shrugged his shoulders and laughed...he has no fear of man i tell you...could care less what others think of him. love him.

so, we'll probably be watching anne as a family one day...maybe many times through the years. what a great daddy. we might be borrowing it when we make it back up that way. ;)

and even if you don't like country, who doesn't love george...come on. good job brian.

Matt and Meredith said...

My mom got me into watching Anne of Green Gables and other movies like that recently. I love watching them with her. That's one thing I look forward to doing with her each time we get together. They are so wholesome and uplifting. I thought they'd be corny at first but nope.

Glad you had a great birthday.
Love ya.

Anonymous said...

Ariel and I absolutely love the Anne (Anne with an "e")of Green Gables triology. I usually like a book better than the movie but I like these movies better than the books. Maybe because I saw the movies first and the order of events is somewhat different than the books. Anyway, Matthew's death is touching but also his buying of the pretty dress for Anne. Hey, as soon as school is out I am going to watch these again--I am retiring, you know.

Anonymous said...

I am also the anonymous from above.

I like the old kind of country music--like George Strait (I am going to put him on my bucket list, too), Don Williams, even The Statler Brothers and Eddie Arnold. But then, I am old. :)

What a wonderful birthday! Happy Birthday!

Marilyn Johnson