CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, September 19, 2008

why?

i went to the funeral of my 29 year old cousin yesterday and i'm pretty mad about it. Steven had battled w/ an addiction to drugs and alcohol since jr. high/high school up until the past few years. steven had lived a life of second chances. he lived w/ many different people and families through out his life. see his mom and dad split when he was about in the 5th or 6th grade. his mom left he and his two brothers. she moved away. their dad worked out of town so they pretty much raised themselves for a while. He was in and out of jail different times in his adult life. almost went to prison. my grandfather and uncle paul had a hand in him not going to prison. about three years ago he got saved. and as he put it he got saved from the top of his head to the tip of his toes. see steven had many many many friends. everybody loved him. he was easy to love. when he got saved he started witnessing to all his friends. memorizing and quoting scripture to them. asking them what he could pray for them about. he had just gotten married this past year to a very sweet girl that loved him and he loved her. he had just started a business power washing oil rigs. his business cards had just come in. his wife is expecting their first baby, a girl. he was just starting life. he was on fire for the Lord and the Lord took him. why? he had so much to still do. i don't understand.

when the family walked into the church for the funeral i was blown away by the amount of people that were in that church. it was full. it was overwhelming. the pastor that did the funeral laid out the plan of salvation. told anyone there that he would be available to anyone who wanted to get saved. there were praise songs played. preaching. his brothers read a letter from a good friend that is in jail who steven had witnessed to and i believe led to the Lord. the letter just told about how much steven loved the Lord and how much he meant to this guy.

what saddens me the most is that he's gone. he'll never see his little girl. he won't get to live the life that he deserved. well i guess none of us deserve anything but you know what i mean. i just don't get it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened? How did he die?

Gillian Hough

Anonymous said...

Steph,
I totally understand your frustration. I just can't imagine the hurt you must feel. All I know is that when we get to Heaven and you ask the Lord why this happened, He will show you the line of people that came to know Him through your cousin's death...then, maybe, you'll understand at least part of the why. It's never easy and really nothing anyone says is comforting. God always knows what's on the other side of every situation and unfortunately, it is not part of our purpose to understand why. That is one of the hardest things for me to learn how to grasp. Just know He loves you, I love you, and although your cousin is now with Him...our work on earth still continues.
Love,
Lindsey Crawford

Anjolee said...

We are praying for your family.

Steph said...

Steven was killed in a car accident in the early morning of Saturday, September 13, 2008.

Unknown said...

You might just want to delete this entry but here is what my first thought was "maybe, this is the Lords way of perserving what a awesome man he became"...some people with addictions tend to go back to them when times get stressful. I've worked at a Christian Drug/Rehab facility and it was discouraging how often the same people would show back up just months after they left. That's just where I'm coming from. I hate to think that because as you have stated he'd grown into such a great person. I also know that his wife is going to need lots of support and if I were near I'd help (send at least hand me downs). Love you, Michele

Connie said...

I thought I'd feel better today but I had a horrible drive home last night. I saw that you called but my phones are dead and charging so I'll have to call you back later.

The fruits of his death will be made known. I have never been more proud to be associated with a person than I was yesterday. To be apart of the family of this person who's story will be passed down through generations and forever change people.

I am so sad. I can't believe he is gone. I can't believe there will be no more Danny, Michael, and Steven and can't think of one of them without thinking of the other two. There are so many things I could say but I should probably mosy on over to my own blog before this becomes a post

It will get better. Love ya.

Unknown said...

Stephanie, I'm so sorry. I don't know what else to say. :(

Lexi said...

I am so sorry, this makes me so sad. I will be praying for you and your family.