CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Steven Wilhelm Richie



My cousin! I love him and miss him!

this picture was taken of him was when he was fishin w/ our uncle paul a few weeks ago. see paul doesn't really feel like our uncle, he's more like our cousin. he's just 4 yrs older than me so he seems more like a cousin. anywoo, paul and steven had been fishin all day and he hadn't caught "the big one" and was disappointed. so he threw his rod out one more time and brought this big sucker in. paul said he was so excited.

memories. they're good for the soul. i have a lot of regrets when it comes to steven. i've had his cell number for almost a year and not once did i call him. course he didn't call me either:). but this loss has caused me to take stock of some things in my life. i'm going to stay better connected w/ my family and friends. our next breath is not promised.

i left the funeral w/ one question in my mind.....what will be said of me at mine. i know i know how morbid can u get stephanie. but seriously what will be said of me and my life, my witness, my friendship. it's a very sobering thought.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Stephanie and I know how it feels.....we lost a good friend a few months ago, and all I can think of are the regrets....why didn't I invite him for dinner that day....why did I have to treat him like he really got on my nerves (LOL)...seriously, that haunts you for a long time to come. At least you knew Steven was a believer.... we weren't sure about our friend that died. That really keeps me up nights sometimes. Its really been a reminder to say what you need to say to the people around you!!

Unknown said...

Steph - I think this is one reason I do attempt to keep in touch with "family"...friends too. I should invite people over more, but even when I invite some people are afraid of our "old" house I think (we live in a very old house, but it's HOME and it's slowly becoming more organized now that I'm not working so much!). I love you and want you to know that:-) M

Matt and Meredith said...

Hi Steph, I'm back! : ) Not sure how often but I'm starting to feel "normal" again now that my sweet boy is 3 weeks old. Recovery has been much easier this go around. Thank you Jesus! Anyway, I'm sorry I couldn't be there more for you when all this stuff happened with Steven. I happened to check Connie's blog that day and she wrote about it. So, I knew about it and was praying. I just didn't get to communicate that to you very well since I was having a baby! I was sorry to hear the news. I pray that God would strengthen your family in a special way...the way that they need it right now and in the future, in Jesus' name.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog, and hope you are doing much better now that a year has past... I have been told, and have come to believe that Gods timing is perfect!!! I cant wait for you to meet Harper Eleece Wilhelm Richie, she looks just like her daddy!!!

Love, Erin